Democratic Governance and Social cohesion
UNDP supports the efforts of the government and local communities in the following areas:
- Provide assistance in developing Cameroon’s next National Development Strategic Program and strategic instruments for the integration of the Sustainable Development Goals in the country’s priority objectives,
- Provide assistance in improving integrity and quality service delivery through state institutions,
- Promote inclusive participation in the country’s electoral processes (with a special focus on women, youth and marginalized groups) and the promotion of peaceful electoral processes.
Stabilization and Prevention of Violent Extremism
UNDP supports the government’s efforts and local communities in the following areas:
- Support capacity building of security forces for peacekeeping and peacebuilding.
- Empowering youth for peace, security, and resilience in the Far North,
- Providing seamless assistance to IDPs, out-of-camp refugees, returnees and host communities from humanitarian support to resilience building to socio-economic shocks in the Far North.
- Integrated Regional Stabilization of the Lake Chad Basin including Cameroon, Chad, Nigeria and Niger,
- Support to reconstruct and develop the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon.
Entrepreneurship and Local Economic Insertion
- Empowering local communities in the exploitation and promotion of neglected minerals/Development Minerals,
- Assisting communities to have access to benefits of the sustainable exploitation of genetic material (Access and Benefit Sharing)
- Support the economic resilience of young women and vulnerable populations through local Councils,
- Promote financial inclusion by supporting inclusive finance institutions to provide services tailored to the needs of the poor and marginalised.
- Supporting the Youth Connekt Initiative
In order to achieve inclusive economic growth and employment, UNDP is supporting Cameroon in the following areas:
Environmental management, Natural resources, and Climate change
- Financing of protected areas and biodiversity in the Congo Basin Forest of Cameroon,
- Anti-Poaching: Integrated and Transboundary Conservation of Biodiversity,
- Improving the resilience of agricultural ecosystems/mountain from the effects of climate change /Climatological Services.